Tools you’ll need:
- Hoof shears
- Hoof knife
Step by Step Instructions:
- Trim excess growth from the outside of the hoof. Stop when the color begins to appear lighter.
- Trim excess growth from the back of the hoof. The edge of the hoof should now be smooth with the bottom.
- Clean the inside of the hoof and carefully trim any small growth.
- Trim the tip of the hoof without trimming too far and causing bleeding.
- Repeat these steps until all hooves are trimmed.
Trimming lamb and goat hooves is important for the health and safety of the animal. It ensures that there’s no bacteria growing in the hooves causing diseases. To ensure you don’t get hurt while trimming, make sure to wear gloves!